13 Mart 2018 Salı

FETHIYE the new home to me

It's been a long while since I paused my travelling life and did settle down at least for a while. Fethiye was my last stop during that trip and I decided it was the best spot to stop. Actually that was the aim of my journey through Turkiye's west and south coast. To find the place where I'll settle down, where I'll call home, where I'll start building up my dream; opening a hostel!

The last 3 years passed with a little bit of struggle of life. The first trouble was earning money. The followers of my blogs will know that I travelled to South America for 10 months, arrived back to my hometown Izmit, stayed there for 2 or 3 months and started my coasts of Turkiye trip just after that. As you can calculate 😎, my money ran out and I needed to find out a new source for money as soon as possible. Otherwise I would be broke in a city where I know nobody, have no place to stay and not even mentioning about what I'll eat. At that point, my previous experience about food&beverage worked out well and I found a job as a waitress at one of the fanciest restaurants of Fethiye.
I was paid well but was working for long hours and being a waitress tires one's body specially legs, feet and ankles very very much. Still I worked around 1,5 year for this restaurant. During that time I met my husband to be, got married in 9 months. I know.. that sounds fast to me, too. But I love him💘 like I loved nobody.

We moved to our flat, decided to do something for living together, started working together for a friend in appearance. It took only 2 months for us to understand that the friend was not a friend indeed and had to quit. I know all these details may make you think like what the hell she is talking about but this was the stepping stone of what I am doing right now.

The next one year was though. I could only find a seasonal job for 4 months and couldn't find one at winter as Fethiye is a Mediterranean summer town and most of its economy depends on tourists and tourism. My husband's situation was worse than me. He couldn't work for nearly one year.

We were unemployed, broke, dissapointed but not hopeless. After that seasonal job as a waitress, again, I was definetly sure that it was time for a profession change and that being a waitress days are over.

As a short tip, if you are at a foreign place where you need to earn money and know the people around, being a waiter or a waitress is one of the best ways to do it in a short time. You meet with so many people from different range, learn so much about the place and earn money with tips in a very very short while. Keep this in mind!

Yes! Let me cut it short. After all this struggle, being a waitress, being an unemployed, getting married, getting frustrated I found a job ad online and did my best to grab it. Well, I did grab it.
I started working as a hostel manager. Unbelievable?? No. Nothing is impossible as long as you believe it.

The reason of writing all this story is to show you the road map of this blog. Of course there will be posts about places around Turkiye, Where To Go & What To Do's. But also it will be about hostels, people, feelings, experiences.. Shortly, about everything that I can share with you.

Hope you will enjoy the next etap of our trip ! 😉 

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder